Friday, December 03, 2010

R. I. P., Charley the Poodle


We had to put our beloved 14 year-old poodle Charley to sleep today. Over the last month he had deteriorated terribly.

I will remember him always. The sweetest animal, he was my introduction to dogs and taught me a lot about how to love.

Charleyisms I will always remember:


1. The way he would curl his little body, first in one direction, then the opposite, when he was "surprised by joy."
2. How he would always lick my hand when I put his wet dog food in his bowl every evening.
3. How he would lean out the car window to catch the cooling breeze in his face as we drove along.
4. His love of "Scratchy-Watchy": a deep, full body, head-to-foot rub down--the look on his face was priceless.

Goodnight sweet prince of poodles.

No comments: